I’m a big Roon fan and each release of Roon has gotten better however 1.4 seems buggy. Here are some odd behaviors:
When adding a song to the queue:
- “Add Next” works like “Play Now” used to. This option immediately stops the current track and plays the new one.
- “Add to Queue” works like “Add Next” used to. This option inserts the chosen track to play when the current track concludes
- There is no way to add a track to the end of the queue. Thats an important function!
The queue timer isn’t accurate
- It overstates queue times
- It counts down play time as the current track plays but when the track completes it reverts to the value showing prior to the current track beginning
I’m not sure the purpose of the non-consuming queue. Played tracks have to be manually deleted or the queue grows longer forever. All this extra button pressing distracts from uninterrupted music enjoyment!