Release 2023.01

Thanks @Simon_Higgs confirmed bug.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Okay, couldn’t get the update to find the internet, so decided to reflash the card.
Did that and everything seemed fine. Installed the card, turned on the Pi, and no green light. Just the red power light.
I have no idea what happened. Is my Pi4 somehow kaput?

add 2 since last week!! :rofl:

Are you sure you have the right image?

Yeah, that was my mistake. I realized it just before you posted, but thanks it would have saved me. I have several Pi’s and got confused between them and flashed the wrong version.
It’s working now.

1 Like

Both my Pi4 have updated with no problem, albeit a couple of days apart.

Both my Pi3 aren’t showing the “update available” banner and are still on 2022.11.2

Never had any delay before with updates - all 4 of my Pi have always come through at the same time.

Can I force the update somehow?

Try and reboot your Pi’s. That’s what I had to do. About five minutes after the reboot the update was available.

Many thanks for this!

I’ve been using the software on a pi4 for some time now to feed into my schiit magni/modi headphone setup in the office, and do have some additional functionality via home assistant already via the existing roon integration. For example - a hue button to start/stop playback so that I don’t always need to reach for a device.

I am interested in what you’re doing with the API and what your future home assistant integration might look like :slight_smile:

Is there anywhere I can find more info on either yet, @spockfish ?

1 Like

Raspberry Pi 4 working flawlessly here. Thank you very much!

Today I started a Pi with Ropieee 2022.12 and this one sees all other Ropieees in my network.
After updating to 2023.01.1. now also this Pi sees only itself.
By the way: I’m using in my network only IPV4.

That happens to me frequently. Wait a few minutes then reload the web page and the other devices should show up.

Again: Doesn’t help…

@Burkhardt_Petermann
I have two questions for you:

• Are they all in version RoPieee 2023.01.1, or is only one in that version and the two other in version 2022.12?
  • Are the IP-adresses of the 3 RPIs in the same subnet? Most of the time this means that only the last block of digits (after the last dot) of the IP-addresses may be different between the 3 IP-addresses.

All Ropieees have the same version and all of them have fix IP addresses in the same subnet.
And again: Two days ago, I’d one Pi with an older version and in there all three Ropieees were shown. After updating to the current version, only the the own one will shown.

It has run over years without problems (also this issue isn’t a big problem for me) and this issue has introduced with 2023.01.1, perhaps with a new kernel.

Can you send me feedback of one of those units?

Sure, send it to you with the identifier 3df2edf806ebd3b6

Hmmm… interesting.

Your other units are seen, but as soon as those other units are being queried for information an error is detected, which results the units being removed.

Hence you don’t see the other devices in the overview.

Now, the interesting part is the why, because the error is not directly clear for me.
Could you also send me feedback of the unit named ‘SchlafzimmerOppo’?

Maybe I can then crosslink stuff…

Thanks!

From the sleeping room: identifier 2050927fba51a204

Thanks for your help

Hi Harry @spockfish , thanks again for what you keep doing improving Ropieee :slight_smile:

I have a small issue/bug to report:

In my bedroom I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with Pi Display running RopieeeXL latest version. It’s feeding a Topping E50 DAC and also I have a Flirc USB attached to the Pi 4 via USB which I control with my Harmony Elite remote. Everything works great. However, since upgrading my iPhone to iPhone 14 Pro Max, I noticed a very odd behavior. This setup in my bedroom I use it almost daily (currently) to bike indoors with Zwitf so I have an iPad mini 6 that iI use as Roon remote and also the Harmony Elite remote to pause and change volume in my receiver. Like I said, everything works fine, but some times, like 1 out 5, when I unlock my iPhone using Face ID, Roon playback stops. Yes, music playback stops or pauses when Face ID is used on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. After traying many things, I decided to take the Flirc USB out and then the issue stoped. As soon I put it back in, the issue comes back. And only happens when unlocking my iPhone with Face ID. After further investigation, I found that Face ID uses an Infra Red (IR) camera which looks like is causing conflict with the Flirc USB. I’m guessing the Face ID camera is emitting a similar signal to the Pause or Stop discrete code functions in the Flirc USB that is causing Roon playback to stop when Face ID is used.

Here is a feedback that I sent right after the last time this glitch was present:

1729d841712703

Anyone else having issues with internet radio streams in Roon?
I’m having lots of dropouts and disconnects from internet radio streams. Definitely more from my Ropieee endpoint than my non Ropieee ones (they all have some).