Release Note Improvements

Glad to hear that, Mike. I have my core running on a Mac and access it mostly via iOS devices or my work laptop so I’m not high and dry either. When I go out and have my x7 with me it’s a disappointment not to have Roon but At least I can still access streaming via Tidal and Qobuz.

Having slept on it, I’m moving on. It is what it is. Doesn’t leave me feeling like I can trust Roon not to disable any of my devices at any time without warning, so I’m certainly not buying a Nucleus which I had been considering, but having purchased a lifetime subscription a couple of years ago I figure I’ll at least have come out even by the time anything happens with iOS or OSX compatibility.

The silver lining of it all is that frees me to consider higher end portable DAPs that can’t run Roon in the first place. Though I’ll hold off a bit to see if anything turns up around this Fiio M15 I see rumors about.

Is this why my Android tablet no longer can connect with ROON? I have been having this difficulty for a while and did contact ROON’s help forum and only was told it must be a bad WiFi connection or that my virus protection software was the culprit. I gave up on them as being of any real help to my situation since both of these issues were tested by trying to connect with my tablet while I was sitting next to my router and having turned my virus program off with no luck. I also gave it a try with turning my firewall off also. My next attempt was to removed the ROON app from my tablet thinking that somehow it may have been corrupted and re-downloaded the app again from the Google Play store, but with no luck in being able to connect with my Android Tablet. It seems that I may have to pay ROON their subscription price along with buying an Apple Tablet so I can actually use the program now. Unfortunately if all this is true, which I still am confused about, and still hope is not the case, it makes me feel as though ROON has bought into the Apple propaganda that it is the only operating system worthy of use. I am a Windows / Google oriented person who has all Android products and find that Windows, Google, Android, Fi all integrate seamlessly and are a pleasure to use, however now I seem to have to buy an iPad just for streaming.

You don’t have to buy an iPad. Just get any tablet with up to date graphics support.

OK, so I went to my Android to determine the operating system to see how old and if indeed the graphics might be an issue, and just for the heck of it I decided to try to launch ROON. Wonders be wonders it started immediately, quicker than ever and the interface looked different and the program notified me that I have not backed up my system yet, which it never did before. So now I am totally confused because for about or what seems like the last month it has been a nightmare, starting with extremely slow loads working up to no loads no matter what I did. I had tried Wednesday to load the program and it just kept search for the Core with no results to this moment when it loaded quicker than ever.

I am totally confused but happy and hope that it continues like this.

Thank you for your support.

Don’t relax too soon. If you don’t know what caused it, it can always happen again.

My experience with the Open GL 3 requirement was that as I went to the Play Store to update I got a message saying my device was not compatible with this app

I couldn’t even install it, so I assume if you managed to install it that you should be ok and your issue was not OpenGL per se