Release RoPieee 2022.06.2

Ok thanks. In the raw scan it now shows up, it only is not properly filtered out.

I’ve added some more debug information, so another beta release is available.
If you’re up to it I’m sure we can solve this :wink:

Regards

2 Likes

Here is feedback from the new beta: 1785db9d3a5e74b4

Edit: maybe not, another update just showed up. The previous one acted a little weird, I should have noted the build number.

Yeah take the second one.
I’ve implemented something that fixes the double entries.

Feedback for build 415: 2add7c51235c11ee

Note that the blank line does not have an associated UDN.

The blank line is your Denon, so we’re getting close :wink:

I’ve uploaded another beta that hopefully shows me why it’s being filtered out.

Thanks

Feedback for build 417: 690f42822a094ffa

another round is up there.

I know what’s wrong, hopefully this one fixes it.

It seems to be stuck on scanning… I eventually refreshed the page. A reboot didn’t help. Feedback for build 418: 4be84e0e341f27bf

Hmmm… this is taking longer than expected :-/

If you’re done then just let me know.

Anyways, another build up there with more debug info. Right now I’ve got it working over here (with your original test data), so not entirely clear to me what’s going wrong.

thanks

It’s still scanning after about 15 minutes… I’ll leave it going for a while. I don’t mind trying to figure it out, maybe it will help others… it’s up to you. I can always run the bridge on another device if we can’t solve it.

Edit:
I finally gave up and refreshed the page (no devices found). Feedback for build 419: 5bb4f2cc266bf290

No, not giving up that easily :wink:

Another beta is out there. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

It’s still stuck on scanning. I let it run for about 20 minutes. Should I wait longer? Feedback for build 420: 50551508ec6cc856

I’m one of the luddites who stayed on 4.017 while the cool kids were upgrading, and I always stayed with the stable releases.

Was thinking of jumping into the 2022.06.X pool, but seems like there are fixes on the beta side that I should probably wait for?

I have two Pi 4b’s that were working fine on WiFi, running “2022.05.1 (299) [stable]”

I then launched “Install Update” on one of them. Eventually the update completed (as evidenced by the LEDs going off as I had set in settings), but it’s now DOA- not on network. I see the image on the ropieee website is 2022.6.2, and I think I deleted the previous one off my PC. Anyone know how can I re-flash back to the one that worked? (2022.05.1)?

No not particularly. If you’re on wired then you’re good to go.

Just plugged my Pi 4 into network Ethernet and it appears in the router list. Also was able to turn on the LEDs in settings, reboot and confirm they are now on. Also both devices seen in the ropieee devices tab. However, Roon still does not see the 2022.06.02 (399) unit, so still bricked on wired…

Give it 30 mins to catch up on the update notice then you should be ok assuming no issues with odd characters in ssid and passwords

When plugged into DAC via USB, the 2022.06.02 (399) unit is now seen by Roon. Ropieee user manual states must be connected to DAC that is turned on to be seen, and evidently Benchmark DAC2/DAC3 enable USB port even in standby.

I do not want to change my WiFi password which is very long and complex- too much impact to everything else. Is there a list of SSID or password constraints for 2022.06.02 (399) anywhere? I’d rather just go back to 2022.05.01 and be done with it.

I am having issues with WIFI on my CM4 IO. Issue 1: I cannot connect to my Router with 5Ghz. I do not have this issue with other OS on this CM4. Issue 2: When I connect with 2.4Ghz, I see the following connections for this device:

LAN
192.168.1.15 MAC Address : E4:5F:01:38:21:AF
192.168.1.23 MAC Address : E4:5F:01:38:21:AF
2…4 Ghz
192.168.1.15 MAC Address : E4:5F:01:38:21:B0

I can ping and reach both addresses.

I then remove the ethernet connection. I can no longer reach the device. If I ping 192.168.1.15, I get host unreachable. If I re-attach the ethernet cable, I can then reach the devices. I am not having this issue with other OS on this device. RoPieee is my preferred Roon Bridge.

RoPieee Feedback: 345aec85cc38caf6