Release RoPieee 2023.04.1

I did a reboot, but now it keeps showing this message. Update is downloaded but it refuses to install after several reboots.

I think I should reflash tomorrow.

Regards, Marco

No, you need to click the button that’s invisible on your phone. Either go landscape or desktop mode and a ‘update’ button will appear

4 Likes

Yes! In landscape it is visible. Update done.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m still experiencing problems, my two wireless endpoints will not connect. I have had them both working perfectly, but now they are recognised on Ethernet, but when I add the Wi-Fi details and re-configure they seem to be ok until I shut the down and move them to their action stations; on doing this they stubbornly refuse to be recognised.

What am I doing wrong?

Can you send me feedback? You can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab.

I will have to re-connect to Ethernet, they are not recognised on Wi-Fi, is that ok?

I have a Pi4 2GB and wanted to try the new wireless setup. Connecting to the AP is working fine as well as opening the setup page. However the network dropdown remains empty even after reloading the page. I also flashed the image twice without success. I tried to send the POST request with network=name and password=password, the Pi rebooted and opened the AP again.

Yes. Configure the wifi as you did before, but don’t reboot.
And after that you’ve configured the wifi send me the feedback.

thanks

Is that with 2023.04.1?

931d3d289c13c282

Prior to Wi-Fi config

Yes, it’s 2023.04.1 XL

The file I flashed: ropieeexl_ose_pi4-2023.4.1-stable.20230509.935.bin.xz

After config, but it doesn’t appear to “take”.

Many thanks for your time.

That is not the feedback I prefer.

So you go into the webpage and configure your wireless (so scan etc.)
Do the configure step, but do not reboot.
Send me feedback.

Then I can see in the logs what is happening when you are setting it up.

Thanks

Hmmm… that’s too bad.
I’ve improved the scanning in 2023.04.1 because there were more reports of no networking results.

Can you send me feedback?

So go to the cycle with the AP, and when it reboots attach an ethernet cable and let the unit finish it’s setup. Send me feedback afterwards.

Thanks

Apologies, I hope that this is more suitable.

3f7e0249571709c4

Thanks for your support. :slight_smile:

I booted into AP mode and submitted the form without entering anything as I am not able to choose a network. I attached ethernet while the device rebooted. Feedback is ba4daa660a05ba96.

EDIT: Scanning for networks is getting results now within the web interface - it was not in the wireless setup.

Not quite sure what is happening with your wifi, but you’ve got another problem that you first need to fix:

You have multiple RoPieee units in your network, but they all have the same hostname (ropieeexl).

I suggest you fix that first and rename one of those units: make sure that each hostname is unique.

hi @MichaelS ,

Thanks for the feedback.
It shows indeed that the scanning is failing while in AP mode, but it’s not clear why.

So I need to do some investigation here. Thanks for reporting!

Many thanks, I’m doing that now and will then come back to you.

All three should now have unique names, it is the Chordhugo endpoint that is problematic at the moment.