Remote app hangs if Core restarts

My Core is on a PC (Windows 8.1 Pro) and remote on a 2010 Mac Mini. I noticed that every time the Core app restarts, the remote app hangs (showing a spinner). Looks like it’s not gracefully handling the Core going away and reconnecting when it comes back.

Is this a known issue?

Anil

I run a nearly identical setup here and haven’t seen behavior like you describe. Definitely not a known issue.

@kevin, lets grab logs from server + remote for this guy. Maybe they’ll give us a sense of what’s going on.

We just discussed this a bit more over here. Two questions:

• When you say it’s showing a spinner, are you talking about that spinning beachball thing that indicates a hung app, or something else?
  • What is on the screen in the remote app when this happens?

When you say it’s showing a spinner, are you talking about that spinning beachball thing that indicates a hung app, or something else?

Yeah, the spinning beachball indicating a hung app. I had to kill the app by right clicking on the icon in the dock

What is on the screen in the remote app when this happens?

Just the home screen (i.e., overview), since I just send the audio from the core.

However, I just tried to reproduce this again, but I could not. I wonder if it happens once both the core and the remote have been running for a while (as was the case when I observed them last time). As a matter of fact, I ran into this when my Core app UI was getting unresponsive (even the the playback to remote was unaffected). So I killed the Core app and when I restarted it, it could not find the remote audio zone. When I checked I saw the remote app showing the beach ball.

I can send the logs if this is useful. So it does not seem to be a 100% repro case.

Anil