Remote app kind of sees core, won't connect

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Version 1909 64 bit, OS, x64 processor - Phone with remote app Moto G7 Android 9

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Cox Internet 150mbps, Motorola MG7550 Router/Wireless, PC and Phone both on same 5G wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Integra DRX 3.1 AVR - HDMI from PC to AVR

Description Of Issue

The Roon android app will not connect to the Core PC. If I just open the app, it “looks” for the core interminably. If I toggle the “accept remote” on the core settings, the core shows up on the android app but fails to connect. It tries to connect a few times and then reverts to “looking”. I have uninstalled/re-installed the app a couple of times along with all the usual re-starts, but no luck. Thanks for any help!

Hi @Lou_Fusaro,

Based on your symptoms, it appears that a firewall may be blocking proper communication through Roon. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it helps?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.