Remote can't find core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3
Roon 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi, at work right now

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

System output right now

Description Of Issue

I set a different laptop up as Core. Then I was really stupid and hit something on my Roon Remote app on my iPhone, and now it can’t find the Core machine. I do have settings to accept remote or whatever it’s called. (Sorry Im so stupid.)

Hi @Sandra_Wenner,

Do you know what was pressed here? If you restart the app do you see the new Core machine listed?

Did you previously have Roon setup on a different machine on this network, or is this a different network than the other machine was on?

Thanks for the reply. I’m hoping it’s just that I’m at work and the network I’m sure has a firewall that I can’t do anything about. Going to try at home tonight and hopefully there won’t be any problems.

Make sure the wireless network is a full access network and not a guest network. Guest networks typically will not route between devices.

Finally got this one figured out. Thanks all!

And the solution was ???

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.