Remote connection via VPN - [Resolved] but ongoing discussion

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Imac 2005

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pi , Allonboss
Onkyo 8150
Music on Synology Nas

Description Of Issue
No to sure where to put this question.

So frustrated that there is no news in any Mobile streaming, would be awesome if this could be possible… Most of my music listening I’m away from home… And see I’m not alone with that…m Any news!

Firstly , I understand that VPN isn’t officially supported.

So whilst I patiently wait for a streaming solution, I’m trying to get a remote VPN connection, and looked at many conflicting and confusing ideas, on here.

My imac is running the core… My music is on a Synolog NAS, and I’m trying to stream over 4g to my Android 6t.

I have installed open VPN on my NAS…
With WiFi on, and VPN, I can see and control the core, but can’t get Android to play as an end point, it is seen, but fails to play audio, just skips through album covers in the queue.

With VPN disabled, all is good, and phone works as an end point.

With VPN on, and over 4g, can’t see core, and get enable WiFi notification in the roon app.

I can ping the core server.

Core can’t see phone.
………
Questions.

I see people mentioning using openvpn, and setting it into bridge mode… How?

Is the issue due to VPN, giving me a different grouped ip address, compared to the LAN i.e. 192.168.1.x for core and 192.168.2.x for phone.

How do you get passed the “enable WiFi” screen

Really need to get this to work…

Must say New to Roon, so impressed,!

Many thanks