Remote control for Phones (not just tablets) [Released in Roon 1.2]

Not sure if that’s the lamest excuse but certainly the laziest one :grin:

cough - I hope that Roon hasn’t forgotten about us small group of Windows Phone users… A Universal Windows App (to run on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile) would be very welcome…

1 Like

Agreed Geoff. Completely mixed household in terms of mobile devices here.

In order of number of devices we have IOS, Android & Windows equal in joint second place.

I am quite sure they will be releasing a windows phone version at the same time…:mountain_bicyclist:

Whats the time table on the release of an App for iPhone 6 or 6 plus?
A friend raved about this service but without a remote function I’m not sure it’s useful. Unfortunately, my iPad is an older version and not compatable. I have a new iPhone 6 plus but there isn’t an app for it.

1 Like

See above @Elton_Crim, thanks!

Hmmm… So no sign of any iphone remote yet after more than a month has passed since the last reply? No graphics… Just text based basic controller should do… Like sooloos app…

[quote=“Cujo, post:50, topic:3249”]
Just text based basic controller should do… Like sooloos app…
[/quote]Roon and text based … think again my friend :wink:
Seriously though, Mike stated above that Roon 1.2 (RAAT and Linux support) has a higher priority … so until that’s launched the iPhone app not going get the attention it requires to complete it. The good news is Roon 1.2 is now in the alpha testing phase.

Are you looking for Beta testers once 1.2 comes out of alpha? :grin:

This is for me the greatest platform created so far for music. I love the user experience of Roon on my computer but I really miss a compact version intended for Iphone or Android phone. Its really both worlds I need to be able to fully enjoy the software. Its not like I am sitting behind my computer all day browsing through albums. I also play them and when I am cutting my meat in the kitchen I want an easy way to choose the next song.

Now we could debate whether 100 euros is a lot of money for a year but I am very hesitant to buy the subscription right now because of this. I simply miss it. As I am also a little bit from the app and program crowd I know it is easy to oversee this necessity because of the various devices you have the software already working on. But please come with an app(abstract) for phones as soon as possible! Or at least a road map that gives some transparency in when it can be expected. So I can make a rational choice to wait a while or subscribe. Still a fan :wink:

Patience…

Didn’t see this thread when I started the other one. Hmmm, disappointing to hear it may not be in 1.2. I thought the iphone app was nearly ready for 1.1 at the end of 2015.

1 Like

[quote=“fritzg, post:55, topic:3249”]
disappointing to hear it may not be in 1.2.
[/quote]Happy days then now :wink:

Just tried to download Roon app to my iPhone 5. Message said Roon Remote is not compatible with this iPhone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Roon Remote for iOS needs a 64-bit device with OpenGL 3.0 support to run – unfortunately your iPhone 5 has neither. See this knowledge base article for compatibility information.

Hi,
It needs to be an iPhone 5s or newer.
Have a look at What are the minimum requirements? in the Roon Knowledge Base for details of supported devices.

For those of us with older devices (I have a few that I consider ‘new enough to be useful’ but don’t meet Roons hardware requirements), there’s hope in the form of the SDK thingy that’s coming soon. It should allow at the minimum transport controls and volume via programmable apps or whatever, but I get the impression a lot more will be possible. So I’m sure there will be a few people making 3rd party Roon Remotes for older devices in the near future.

1 Like