Remote devices constantly losing contact and need to be reloaded

Mac mini source 2015
Latest software upgrade on both Mac and Roon
Devialet d400 amp
Ethernet cable good, USB only sometimes seen

I have a beautiful system I use (devialet d400 plus pmc fact 3 speakers plus dual woofers etc) but my wife uses a $100 Bluetooth speaker in the same room because Roon never works properly, it rarely connects easily to iPhone or iPad etc . So she uses Bluetooth speaker with tidal direct (no Roon) and works quickly every time without fail.

I love Roon but frankly I have the same issues with remote devices - so I end up going to the Macmini and running devialet from there instead of phone/iPad. The system with Roon sounds great but extremely frustrating. I constantly have to delete the Roon app On iPhone iPad and reload to remote devices . It works for a few hours and then we get the wheel of death. Unfortunately, no disrespect, Roon coupled with my system has become a running joke in our household. It used to be good… I’d love to actually speak to a technical person at Roon since going backward a forward with messages/email i find slow and tedious and difficult to follow since we are not IT experts… Can I speak with someone ? Thanks !

Hi @alan_Garcia,

I apologize for the difficulties you are having here, and I appreciate your feedback about our support process.

We sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, and we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site.

So we can better assist you, can you describe your networking setup? What router is in use? Any switches or access points besides the router?

Do non-iOS devices also have trouble connecting to the Core machine?

Hi
I still have to constantly delete and re download the app on all iOS devices.
We don’t have any other non iOS devices.
Once I delete and reload it works again until the next time I try and use it.
I have a Telstra router ( current model) and a family zone router extension that the Roon core connects to via Mac mini.

Hello @alan_Garcia, to confirm, is your core connected via Ethernet?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.