Remote loses core

That is it EXACTLY!

In that case I suspect this is related to multicast broadcasting. I am not an expert on this topic, but do know that the fix is to disable a setting called IGMP snooping on your router.

Of course, not all routers use this exact term. Do not confuse this with IGMP proxy, which is not the same thing and should be left alone.

Hopefully more techie aware members will be along to provide a more complete answer (or correct me!)

For info, I have not experienced this problem with Roon, but did have the issue using a Naim app and streamer which was resolved using this method.

I have a similar problem (it’s easy to work around so I’ve ignored it for a while) with the app on iPhone5S and mini iPad. IGMP snooping is not enabled.

If my Galaxy Tab A loses contact I sometimes re boot the Tablet and all is well.
I have Roon set not to sleep and cover the screen which closes it down to save power. This way I don’t have to keep re connecting.

Hi @William_Thompson ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the trouble here. I’d like to gather some preliminary information from you in regard to your setup as well as your network configuration. Please see below. Thanks!

1. Can you please provide a description of your current setup and the gear you’re making use of. The more detail, the better. Thanks!

2. In terms of your network, do you have any active firewalls currently? How is your network communicating (wifi, ethernet, or both)? Which devices? What type of hardware are you using (routers, bridges, switches, media streaming devices, network security)?

3. You had mentioned in one of your most recent posts that you were considering trying your other WiFi network. Can you confirm the outcome of that test?

4. Have you tried using any other devices as remotes? If so, are they able to connect?

5. Are you noticing any patterns when this issue is occurring?

-Eric

Hi @Nick_Stamp ---- Are you still experiencing this issue and how frequently if so? Can you provide any patterns you may be noticing when the issue does occur?

-Eric

Hi @Eric, I have not had this specific issue with Roon; I have experienced a couple of IOS app crashes, but not recently. If it happens again and I can spot a pattern I will let you know.
Nick

1 Like

Thanks Nick (@Nick_Stamp), very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @tboooe ---- Can you confirm what version of the Dell tablet you are using? Just trying to do some research on that device. Thanks!

-Eric

Hi @Peregrino ----- Thank you for the feedback. May I ask you please provide the following information:

1. Can you please provide a description of your current setup and the gear you’re making use of. The more detail, the better. Thanks!

2. In terms of your network, do you have any active firewalls currently? How is your network communicating (wifi, ethernet, or both)? Which devices? What type of hardware are you using (routers, bridges, switches, media streaming devices, network security)?

3. Are you noticing any patterns when this issue is occurring?

4. Have you had any success using other remote devices?

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi @Chrislayeruk ----- Thank you for the report! Please see below. Thanks!

3. Are you noticing any patterns when this issue is occurring?

4. Have you tried using any other devices as remotes?

-Eric

Thank you for the reply. i am using Dell Venue 7840 running Android 5.1.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @tboooe ! Are you making use of any other remote devices in your setup? If so are they experiencing the same issue or are you finding that it is isolated to the Dell Venue 7840? Thanks!

-Eric

Eric, I also a latop and Samsung Note 3 android phone as remotes. The laptop works fine but the phone also has this same problem.

1 Like

The Note 3 (and the Note 4 from personal experience) is known to have connection issues on ac WiFi with Asus routers. Most routers have dual band, what happens if you put the Dell or the Note 3 on the 2.4 ghz network instead of the 5 ghz network.

1 Like

@tboooe ----- Thank you for clarifying that information for me! I will be updating my notes as I continue investigating this issue. Thanks again for the feedback!

-Eric

We’ve had a few issues that have taken precedence Eric.
Our WiFi is a netgear nighthawk c7000 but I think I’m seeing there is something about connecting my Samsung tablet to 2.4GHz and PC to 5GHz that works.
I will keep everyone updated when I get more time.
Thanks

1 Like

You need to factory reset of your device.
First of all, turn off the device by pressing the Power key.
Then hold down Volume Up + Power button for about 10 seconds.
You may release held keys as soon as you see the Android Robot.
To enter the Recovery Mode hold down the Power key for a short while.
After factory reset if again the problem happens then troubleshoot your device using Dell Venue 8 7840 Manual. If needed ask Dell Support for help.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Build 233 Android app having trouble finding Core

A post was split to a new topic: Mac remote unable to connect to Core