Remote not connecting

Roon Remote on my iPad/iPhone drops connectivity/won’t stay connected to ROON Core once the initial indexing and analysis is complete.
Yes, I have seen all the threads, and yes everything is on the same network, the firewall are off,… The core is running on a MacBook Pro and works perfectly via Sonore connected to a Parasound DAC/amplifier. No problems with the network.
So sad, I am a big Roon fan and use it every and want to use the iPad/iPhone as a remote.

Regards
Per Aage Klingenberg

Hello @Per_Aage_Klingenberg,

Can you try reinstalling the iPad/iPhone app and let me know if that helps? How is your network setup here, does it meet our Recommended Network Setup? We have sometimes seen IGMP Proxying/Snooping cause multicast issues, I would check these options in your router.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris. Thank you for trying to help me. Everything with my network is ok (Recommended Network setup). I logged into the router, but can not find anything about IGMP…

Regards
Per Aage

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. Can you please let me know your router model/manufacturer and how the Core + iPad is connected in this setup? Are you making use of any range extenders/powerline adapters?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris.
Router: Sagemcom Corporation hardware version v2.0

Roon Core: is installed on a MacBook Pro, running Wireless against Sonore microRendu which is connected to the router and a USB connection to the amplifier (Parasound Hint 6).

My iPad and iPhone are connected to the network (5Ghz) and works perfectly apart from the Roon remote control software. I have reinstalled Roon on both iPad and iPhone.

It seems to me that the remote control software does not find the core because I quite immediately get the answer if I want to connect another core. When I press “yes” then it finds the core on my Mac, but unfortunately it loses connection quite quickly.

I do not use any extenders, the router is 1 meter away from the hole setup. (60Mhz)
Best regards
Per Aage

In the past I have seen IGMP Proxying/Snooping help with similar issues. Do you by any chance have this setting on your router and can give it a try to see if it helps? What this setting does is allow better multicast communication to pass through from your router to the iOS devices. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris