Nuc7, Windows 10, i5-7260U, 16 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi APs, switches, USG

Connected Audio Devices

OSX over wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

About 5000

Description of Issue

Since the upgrade to Build 952, my connection from my Remote OSX Roon app to the Core is frequently dropping. I get a pop-up error “Waiting for your Roon Core” and then usually one that says “Uh Oh Something Went Wrong” which usually disappears and then it reconnects. This happens a few times an hour

This seems to be happening on all of my remotes, not just the Mac

A post was merged into an existing topic: ROON Controller is having problems [ticket in - Roon investigating]

Agreed Alan. I use a SonicTransporter i5 and everything was fine and then 952. Now I cannot play my local music for more than a few minutes without my mac controller freezing or the music just stopping. Same using ios. Everything stops after a few minutes to an hour. Great update right before the holiday weekend. I love Roon, but I wish they would fully test their updates before pushing them out. We need a fix ASAP.

1 Like

Hey @anon10609173,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Can you please provide a bit more detail about your networking setup, what type of switches you’re using, and how do the access points come into play?

Is the mac remote the only one that’s having this problem, or are your other remotes exhibiting the same behavior?

Since I posted this, I realized that its not the remotes, its the Core. It is crashing periodically - sure looks like a memory leak. After being used for a certain period, the Core becomes non-responsive and must be restarted.

For reference the core is hardwired to a unifi USW-24 Pro which runs to a USW-24-POE which has all of the access points connected to it. The network has not changed in any way recently and it worked fine until Build 952

@Support
@jamie

Thanks Jamie and support! Here is the information and appreciate your help as my Roon set up is currently unusable in 952. Seems like a memory leak on the Sonic. Love Roon, just really need these issues resolved.

What’s not working
I use a SonicTransporter i5 as the Roon Core. Everything was working fine for months until the 952 update. Now I cannot play my local music for more than a few minutes without Roon on my imac, or mac mini, or iphone controller freezing and I have to quit Roon and start Roon again. Sometime the music will just stop, and hitting play will resolve for a bit. I have re-installed the Roon software on the macs and ios devices. Andrew at SGC, suggested I needed to re-install Roon on the SonicTransporter i5, but then I have to reimport the Database from a back-up, which I would like to avoid, especially if the next update will resolve this newly introduced issue. My library is local wav files only, no Tidal or Qobuz. Would appreciate some guidance.

How often does the issue occur
Every time few minutes to a couple of hours

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
V1.8 build 814
Core is on a SonicTransporter i5 Version: 2.8
Library Size: 2,894 Albums, 49,970 tracks
Music is .WAV
50 various playlists
10 Bookmarks focus lists

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
Roon Remote from Apple App Store
macOS for iMAC and Mac Mini from Roon

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
Draytek Vigor 2926 router with 2 Cisco SG112 gigabit 24 port switches

Audio devices in use
2 VSSl A6 for audio distribution around our home. VSSL A.6x and a Marantz 7013 for our main listening
1 micro Rendu network connected optically to the Marantz

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
Music is stored on an internal Sonic Samsung 2 TB SSD in the Sonic

Three access devices
iPad (6th gen) iOS 14.4
iPad (8th gen) iOS 15.5
iPhone 13 iOS 15.5

Core and Roon app running on MacMini (M1 , 2020) Monterey 12.4

Wifi access (Vodafone (UK) - sorry) via Wifi 6 extender
Several end points - 3 via Ethernet (2xNaim Muso 2 + 1 Arcam Solo Uno = yes British again !!)
Others over same single wifi 6 extender include 1x sonos; 1 apple homepod mini; 2xLibratone (Danish I think !))

Early signs (5 minutes fiddling!) of workaround (double reboot of all) are “encouraging”

Better observation in 10 hours

I am also getting regular “waiting for your roon core“ messages, not a major issue so far but started happening since build 952 arrived.
(Core on Win10 64 pro, Remotes iPad 12.9” & iPhone 13)

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.