Remote restart of Core/Remotes

Hi,

It would be very useful to allow restarting of the Core from a remote. The whole essence of Roon is that the server/core can be (and often ideally is) located quite far aware from listening locations, so when DACs and such glitch out and the Core needs a restart, it seems a no-brainer option :slight_smile:
Thanks for considering.

EDIT… In fact it would be nice to be able to restart any instance of Roon running on the network, by any device, Im holding a Tabpro as remote control but I am outputting via sony laptop to ifi from a core in another room, and any one of the core or endpoint could be the cuprit when it stops working.

2 Likes

more often than not the OS is what is getting hung up…use a VNC or TeamViewer instance or for rock you have the web GUI or linux use SSH

Edit…optionally as John indicated while I was posting - it might not be a big deal to have as an option in the remote for the core anyway.

1 Like

Given this restart behavior can be triggered from any Roon device at the end of a version update, seems as if the restart part could be isolated and exposed in the interface simply enough.

1 Like

Yes but Roon really needs this type of function to be behind an Admin control of some sort. It is already an issue that the lack of lock-down that can be applied to profiles exposes Roon configuration settings to anyone using a Remote.

locking down of remote capabilities is something that has been talked about for a long time now…@support where is this option currently…Roadmap or back burner?

I would like to bump this please.

There are only a couple of reasons I ever need to restart the core: either a memory leak or some fubar with Tidal which means that it doesn’t load the albums in, but really, being able to do a restart from my Roon Remote would be much more elegant than logging in to my NAS to do it.

2 Likes