Remote unable to connect to Roon core when VPN is used on Core

Hi noris
I have connected the pc to a different network via wifi, both pc and remote on the same wifi network, anti virus turned off, vpn turned off.
Same results, can’t connect….

Hi @Ziggi_Fuxman,

Can you try to reinstall Roon to see if it helps? To do so I would perform the following:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the fresh install has the same issues

What does it mean to Exit out of Roon? To log out of my account or just closing the window?
After reinstall, do I need to restore from a backup to get my playlists and favorites?

Hi @Ziggi_Fuxman,

By this I mean close the app window on your Windows PC.

Yes, you will need to restore from a backup to get the playlists. Please try using a fresh library for a bit of time to see if it is operating properly though.

Thank you noris!
That did the trick! Now remote connects without any problems, with VPN and anti virus enabled.
I just hope it will stay that way

1 Like

After 24 hours that remote worked fine, I restored the last backup, and remote again doesn’t work. I have redone everything again and now remote works. So I guess I got to avoid restoring from backup…

Hi @Ziggi_Fuxman,

Glad to hear that the fresh database is working! How much information have you previously saved to the database, do you have many edits made? If you want I can ask QA to take a look at the old backup and verify the integrity but do note that it may take some time until this reaches the queue. If you want them to take a look, feel free to send the backup as a .zip archive to me via Dropbox / Google Drive. Thanks!

I don’t think there were many edits.
Here is a link to the backup on Google drive https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Ffile%2Fd%2F1iFEyTBev8lf_bLgQ-VHxwD27jPOpR_ny%2Fview%3Fusp%3Dsharing_eil%26ts%3D5d762760&data=02|01||cb8f9fbb24944e91370908d7350f4f4e|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637036212171110365&sdata=f5MonXxzdghsM01lsU4xqXfAYNcoPrXUsoRHTSANT54%3D&reserved=0

Hi @Ziggi_Fuxman,

Thanks for sending that backup over, I have forwarded it to QA. As I mentioned, it may be a bit of time before this reaches their queue, but if things are working as expected with the fresh database in place and you have not made many edits, my suggestion would be that you start fresh and do not use the backup for the time being. Thanks!

Hi @Ziggi_Fuxman,

I spoke to the QA team regarding this issue and they have confirmed to also have difficulties restoring your backup on their end. It’s hard to say what exactly went wrong with the old backup, but if the new database is working as expected, I would suggest using that one. Either way, glad to hear that the fresh install is working as expected!

Thank you noris!
I appreciate your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.