Remote won't connect to QNAP after update to Roon 1.7 (Build 511)

Hi @Marco_Cuomo,

Thanks for looking into this further.

You can log into the QNAP by going to Roon Settings -> General -> Disconnect. On the “Choose your Core” screen, you can select the active Core, and you should be presented with an “Unauthroize” page if you already have designated one Core. You can feel free to switch between Cores as often as you’d like, but you are limited to one active Core at a time.

Just to clarify, you weren’t using the QNAP as a remote here, it was just logged in? And the crashing behavior only started following the reboot?

When the QNAP is in this crashing state, does anything change if you unplug the Ethernet cable? Logs should note if the crashing still happens or if it temporarily stops with the Network removed.

I don’t how to open a remote on the QNAP. What I did is, I restarted the RoonServer on my Windows PC and deactivated with a remote (iPAD) the RoonServer ont the Windows.

Yes, I am not aware of a QNAP remote tool. Did I miss something?

Will test this later in the week.

I can deactivate the RoonServer on Windows and then activating the QNAP RoonServer and I get the Networkerror and after that the RoonServer goes into crash loop. I wonder waht changed between this build (511) and the previous one. Is there a possibility to get the previous build for QNAP?

There is no remote app for the QNAP, it only supports RoonServer (Roon Core).

I was more-so wondering how you logged in without using a remote. I may have misunderstood here though.

Please do test this.

Unfortunately not. Once you upgrade to a newer version of Roon, downgrading is not supported.

Unplugged the Ethernet cable, the logs later show that the crashing just goes on.

In the meanwhile I installed the RoonServer from here: https://kb.roonlabs.com/LinuxInstall. But I get the same problems as with the QNAP package. In the logs I saw more info and I found this post: Terminate called after throwing an instance of 'OpenHome::NetworkError' which exactly shows the same effect. In the next day I will look a bit more in that post. It seems to be a problem with the mono app, which is also used by Emby (which is running on this QNAP).

Shutting down the EMBY server makes ROON happy and I can use it. The solution is to start first ROON and than EMBY.

Thanks for the support

Hello @Marco_Cuomo,

Thanks for the update here. Yes, it appears that Emby and Roon both use port 1900 and we are actively investigating if we can improve this behavior.

If this method is working for you I suggest to keep using it for the time being. Thanks!

Sure, that works for me, but hope that soon comes a fix …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.