Remotes are losing connection to Core machine

I have this same problem, if it becomes helpful to have a second example.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
macOS 10.14.5, Roon 1.6(416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Orbi RBS50 (with Disable IGMP Proxying unchecked), 3*Orbi RBS40, Orbi RBW30.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Auralic mini, Apple TV, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast Ultra 4k, Devialet Phantom

Hi @Barry_Skingle,

What types of remotes are you using? When one remote disconnects are all remotes losing connection at the same time?

My main remote is an 11" iPad Pro. Like DJD, rebooting the iPad solves the problem. Disabling and re-enabling WiFi also sometimes works. I will try force quitting the application. I have noticed that my iPhone XS sometimes connects when the iPad will not: I’ll start checking this more systematically.

Hi @Barry_Skingle,

It would definitely be good to know if this is typically the case here. Understanding if this is limited to just the iPad or all remotes will help us know where this is stemming from.

19:01 BST, iPad Pro refuses to connect.

Selecting another Core shows the amber Initializing…, which doesn’t complete.

iPhone XS connects fine.

On iPad, disabling and re-enabling WiFi doesn’t work. Force quitting Roon does work: Ready to connect.

A post was split to a new topic: iOS remote connection trouble

Thanks for confirming this, @Barry_Skingle.

I’m passing this along to the team for their investigation. So I can make sure my report is complete, can you verify which version of iOS you’re running?

iOS 12.3.1

Both 12.3.1.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.