Remotes have stopped seeing the Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 Home, Roon v1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)*
Netgear unmanaged Ethernet switch, connected to Netgear Orbi WiFi home router, core to connected to network via Ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Both iOS and Android remotes connected via WiFi have stopped seeing the Roon Core. Previously worked.

I do think the core may have had a Microsoft released update prior to the remote failure. I’ve tried finding the core using its IP address. No luck…

Could the Windows update have reset Windows firewall settings? That’s been known to make Windows-based cores to “hide.”

2 Likes

Hi @Timothy_Macklin,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.