Remotes no longer will connect to Nucleus core

Hi Robert - great to hear from you again. Thank you for taking the time to provide your response. I believe the problem has now been resolved!

Based on your response, I moved the Orbi from a spare bedroom location to my main equipment closet. Previously, I was only using the Orbi to provide WiFi connectivity to my iPhone, iPad and some security cameras, thermostats, etc. All my audio components were connected via Ethernet from the AT&T router and an unmanaged Netgear switch.

With the Orbi to the equipment closet, the Orbi WAN input comes directly from the AT&T router. The unmanaged switch and the Nucleus are now directly connected to the Orbiā€™s switch ports. Everything is now getting 10.X.X.X IP addresses. Previously, the devices connected to the AT&T router or unmanaged switch received 192.168.X.X IP addresses and the WiFi devices received 10.X.X.X addresses. After rebooting everything, the Roon client now comes up as it once did. My quick ops check seems to indicate everything operating again as it once did.

Iā€™m very happy to have Roon working again! Itā€™s still a head scratcher to me why the previous configuration ā€œworkedā€ for two months and then didnā€™t. As Conner suggested, an updated baseline may have had an unintended consequence. In any case, the current configuration is more straightforward and hopefully will serve as a long term fix. Iā€™m going to run with this over the weekend. If no issues resurface, Iā€™ll ā€œcloseā€ the issue.

Thanks again!!

2 Likes

Thanks @Robert_F for the helpful suggestion. @ViperRGD, glad to hear your setup is restored. Please reach out in this thread if anything else comes up, and if itā€™s auto-closed by the time an issue arises (Iā€™ll leave it open for about 10 days, just in case), weā€™ll aim to bring about a more streamlined resolution in a new thread.

Enjoy the weekend.

2 Likes

Ronald, glad to help and to hear everything is stable. Hope you have a great music-filled weekend.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.