Removing iTunes Playlists from Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Server is on iMac.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Allo USBridge to DAC.

Description Of Issue
Lots of older, deleted Playlists from my iMac are showing up in Roon and I can’t delete them.

I have around 30 active playlists that I want to keep, edit and grow but Roon has picked up at least 100 other older, deleted playlists that are making my Roon Playlist section really unmanageable and difficult to use.

How do I delete them in iTunes (or my storage) or how can I tell Roon to ignore them.

Thank you, this is seriously impacting my enjoyment of Roon

Do you have “Import iTunes Playlists” set to “Yes” in the options for your storage location under "Setting —> Storage "? If so, turning it off should get rid of all iTunes playlists. You might need to force a rescan.

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply. If I turn off iTunes Playlist, will I lose all of my iTune playlists on Roon? If I then force a rescan, will the existing (correct) iTunes playlists come back and be accessible from Roon? How do I force a Rescan, I thought I had done that but it only took a few seconds/minutes whereas the first time I scanned it took hours.

You should only be seeing your current iTunes playlists. Seems like Roon isn’t in sync. I’d read this as it contains all the info on iTunes playlist syncing including how to rescan. It might help you figure out what is going on with your issue.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/iTunes

Hi @phil_conley,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Do these playlists also show up in iTunes?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.