Removing one Core of two

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC Running Windows 10 Home (10.0.18362), Intel Core i5-8400 @2,80MHz, 16 GB internal RAM/Roon Server Version 1.7 (build 505) stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

PC running Core is connected through Ethernet cable and Ubiquiti UniFi hardware. Internet connection is a fiber connection 100/100 Mbit.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various

Description Of Issue

This is a follow up on a previous, resolved, question; Roon crashes on Core PC. Roon server runs steadily for close to three weeks now, so that is great.

I have however discovered that apart from the Core managed by Roon Server i.e., the one I currently use, I also have the old Core from my original Roon installation still lurking in the background asking for an upgrade.

I would like to remove the unused Core but I am not sure how to achieve that. Will I remove it if I uninstall Roon (not Roon Server)? Is there any other way?

Kind regards,
/Mats Rahm

Hi @Mats_Rahm,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing here?

Hi.

When I open Roon on my PC, which is also running Roon Server, first I get this dialog;

If I choose SOL, which is the Core managed by Roon Server, I get this dialog asking for an update of the other Core;

I would like to get rid of the This PC Core. How can I do that?

Kind regards,
/Mats Rahm

When you open Roon on that PC are you doing it to access and control Roon from there?

Sorry, I am fairly new on using Roon. Accessing vs. controlling? I want to be able to play some music using my computers soundcard. I guess that is controlling, or?

You have a machine acting as the processing core of Roon. Any other devices are control or playback depending on how you use them. Is the device “This PC” being used to access Roon?

Hi @Mats_Rahm,

In this case, “This PC” is acting as a remote device, but the remote device also needs to be updated to 1.7 so it can connect to the RoonServer Core. If you click Download and Install that should get you up and running here.

Oh, I see! Now I get to the right Core at startup.

Thanx a lot!

Hi @Mats_Rahm — I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.