Removing tracks from an album puts them into another album with the tracks duplicated

Roon Core Machine

Generic PC, I9-9900K, 32GB, Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NA

Connected Audio Devices

NA

Number of Tracks in Library

200K tracks

Description of Issue

This is the third of many bug reports I can offer. I am a lifetime subscriber with a large library of mostly commercial recordings loaded into iTunes. I am in the process of cleaning up the import: identifying unidentified albums, sewing together broken up albums and box sets, etc. It’s a huge job, but it’s made needlessly difficult by bugs in Roon that I would like to request you fix.

If I incorrectly merge albums, I use the remove track or remove disc feature in edit track grouping to fix it. When I do this, I find that the removed disc or tracks ends up in another album with all the tracks duplicated! Then, I need to go through them and remove the duplicate tracks all over again to clean that up. Then it’s ok. Please check that removed tracks/discs are put into brand new album entities and not merged into others.

Please let me know if you need more information to reproduce this.

Thank you.

• Ken

Hey @Ken_Schwarz, I’m not sure I follow the reproduction steps here – do you think you’d be able to provide a screen recording? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.