Repeatedly Losing Connection

Ben, logs have been uploaded for Vova now.

Hi

Glad I found this topic Iā€™m having the same issue qnap TVs-471
Do I need to send anything or will the fix be applied in general?

Thanks
Scott

Any luck rolling out the fix?

CPU still running v high for me for no obvious reason looks like this is still being looked at, hopefully

Thanks for pushing out the fix. It seems that this resolved the problem. I will keep monitoring, but so far so goodā€¦

+1 with Synology 1515+ on latest software.

Looks like a memory leak. The system runs out of memory, the swap deamon kicks in, and then it looks like the daemon crashes and restarts.

In roon go to settings -> library. Adjust the speed of audio analysis. Throttled = slowest, 4 core = fastest. In throttled mode my cpu runs at 65% or so. 1 core around 80%. 4 core = 100%. I set it to one core, but realize the analysis of 20,000 files will take a while.

I see a fix in the release notes issued last night but this is not related to the problem i have with a qnap with self contained storage. Given
what iā€™ve read here there are still plenty of people in the same situation @support i am flagging this in case there is an assumption the issue can be closed down.

No issue if you need more time given you are super busy. ,i would like an acknowledgement please the problem is recognised with the code that was rolled out and is being worked.

My CPU is up and down maxing out constantly and causing Roon which is the only reason i use the NAS to be unusable

Happy to share logs if someone can contact me and tell me how to do that
Thanks

Thought of that thanks i turned it off with little impact

Iā€™m using a QNAP TS-251 with 16gb RAM and server installed on a 128 GB SSD. Same problems with losing connection, high CPU and RAM usage. Switched off audio analysis and now CPU fluctuates between 45 and 84%. RAM is stuck at 90% which Iā€™ve never seen before.

A restart or the QNAP should release the RAM again.
Then keep the audio analysis on with only 1 core in Roon.

Many thanks, will give it a try

Rebooted QNAP, restarted Roon and have build 194 now.

RAM is now released back down to 14% but CPU usage is at 90% with no music playing.

Just turned off audio analysis (was 1 core) and CPU dropped to 75% (was 92%).

Ditto I tried the reboot in a vain hope it would fix things. I already tried previously and had a good idea it would not

After the reboot I kicked off playing music and initially cpu usage was lower at around 30% RAM 50%
Then over the course of the next few mins both climbed steadily until they hit 80%+ it started clipping then as before cut out. Nothing else running and by the way if I disable Roon cpu usage drops to 1%

So still at square one with a bricked qnap any time Roon is left to run (even at idle)

This is Roon proprietary code not a Crieke thing if I understand correctlyā€¦ so Iā€™m really hoping for an update soon someone is going to get back to me or the QNAP NAS collective regards this issue!

Still, maybe worthwhile to let @crieke check into thisā€¦

Iā€™ve now disconnected the SSD Roonserver and will not use Roon until fix is available.

You can always share your logs of Roon with @ben or @vova.
The details in the log can help them a lot.

Sure - iā€™d like to how do i do that though? Roon is unusable so i assume the new inbuilt dropbox is out of the question. iā€™d need them to respond to me and PM me wouldnā€™t I?