Replace switched power supply of Roon server to improve sound quality?

Not difficult at all my friend! Both Teddy Pardo & MCRU have affordable, well made linear power supplies for just about anything.

Most likely TP & MCRU have a trial period. I have several LPS’s from each company that I like very much. You may be surprised at how affordable a very nice linear power supply can be.

Good afternoon. Always interesting the computer people and the music lovers who stream music. They never ever agree on the fact if a bit is a bit and bit perfect could be affected. Computer people believe in bit perfect and request for scientific proof. Streaming music lovers use their ears and trust their ears. I’m a music lover that loves the convenience of streaming and the Tidal music library as well as my own library. And yes, I know for sure that devices, cables and other “stuff” can make or brake the SQ. I use a Roon Nucleus very close to my set up with an internal SSD. Connected to the DAC via USB. The Nucleus of course connected to the router via Ethernet. With the original power supply of the Nucleus the SQ was OK but not great compared to my other “musical devices”. I got a Farad super3 to power my Nucleus. Now the SQ was very good. The Farad has a separate line conditioner from Kemp. The real SQ came with the ENO Ethernet filter and Ethernet cable. In my experience these two additions shaped the SQ from ok to very very good, again compared to my other “musical devices”. I guess the logic is that all kind of “disturbances” as RFI/EMI noise will have an effect on “the machines” as the Nucleus, DAC and all other “musical devices”. You might have an other opinion, that’s cool as well, but I love music at it’s best. And yes, my system is top notch as are all cables. Have fun!

2 Likes