Replacing Request with a Roon Nucleus + System

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus + (don’t know all the information yet, have not turned it on)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Issue Description

We have a new client who has a request system with ripper and hard drivers for storage. We are replacing it with Roon. Is the best practice just to remap the external HD into Roon? I would also have to look into a ripper which I found under the DIY section, unless I could keep Request running in the background as ripping but would still have to verify how it rips in what audio format and gets tagged properly.

Hello @DavidSage,

Nucleus can access music from it’s optional internal storage, from USB drives, or from a network storage (NAS). While I’m not sure how the Request system rips or stores music, you can find some information about importing music here.

Roon does not contain any ripping functionality, so you will need to use another program to actually extract the media files from the client’s CDs. If the Request system allows you to rip, and then access the files over the network using SMB that may be a good solution for your customer, but it’s not something I’ve used or tested.

In the past, users have mentioned that Bluesound Vault has worked for them, but since I have not personally used this before I can’t comment on how to rip the client’s collection or what settings would be needed.

Once you have the media files stored somewhere Roon can access they’ll be scanned and imported into the user’s library. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.