I seem to be getting a reproducible system-wide hang (beachball, no keyboard input. Mouse moves, but doesn’t click) that forces me to do a hold-the-power-button-down-to-reboot.
- (as above) Roon Core is a mac mini running 10.12.3, Local playback is via Roon on my Mac Pro on 10.10.5 (this is what hangs forcing a reboot), into a USBPre2 into headphones.
- DSP Engine On: Upsample PCM to multiple of source, Parametric EQ OFF (default flat)
- Exclusive Mode: ON
- Play a file (I chose 16/44.1 FLAC file. Not tested on other file types)
- right-click on the end-point in the control strip on the bottom of the UI. (to bring up the context menu)
- Select DSP Engine
- Select Parametric EQ
- Change one of the nodes by clicking on the dot, and dragging.
- Observe the parametric EQ is OFF (oops, no wonder I didn’t hear any difference)
- Observe the system stops accepting input, although the song still plays.
- Observe that the entire OS is no longer responding to keyboard input, nor mouse clicks.
- Observe a part of your soul dying a little bit.
- Weep softly to yourself, as you reach over and force a reboot by holding down the power button.
This bug is 100% reproducible on my system. Every time I try to nudge the Parametric EQ, I have to manually reboot the machine due to the hang. (the hang, btw is permanent until reboot.)
I’m free to install a debug build if needed.