Reset Original IP Address

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus Roon Core.
MacBook Air Roon Remote.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Connected via Ethernet and USB (as some 24/192 albums ‘skip’ with Ethernet).
Nucleus and LS50W connected direct to router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
LS50W

Description Of Issue
KEF suggested I change the IP address of one of the Nucleus or LS50W to match the other. I tried this by changing the IP address of the Nucleus via instructions from “Nucleus Web Administration Interface”.

I messed up and lost control of the Roon. I configured a second network interface with a USB network adapter and music plays via Ethernet through USB network adapter.

How do I get the a network connection through the Nucleus Ethernet port? Will a reset cause a new IP address on my network, one that supersedes my attempt at manually setting one yesterday?

Thanks.

Hi @Fred_Reed,

Since you’re now up and running with the USB adapter you should be able to change the settings once more via the Nucleus Web Administration Interface. You can change the network adapter back to DHCP or to another static IP and then that should work for you.

Yes, it will either be the new static IP that you enter or one will be generated if you use DHCP.

Thanks Dylan, much appreciated.

Fred

1 Like

No problem, @Fred_Reed! Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.