[Resolved] Anne Dudley: Seriously Chilled Album - Seriously Wrong Metadata

This album of arrangements by Anne Dudley lists “Seriously Chilled” as an artist(!). It also misspells “New Age” as “NewAge”, and has “Electronic” listed as a genre - there are no electronic tracks on the album (unless of course, the presence of an electric organ makes it so). I also think that it should not have “Various Artists”, but rather “BBC Concert Orchestra”.

EDIT: Whoops - just discovered there was a Style tag containing the “NewAge” typo - so deleted that from the metadata. The rest of the points remain, though…

Looks like a source metadata problem: http://www.allmusic.com/album/mw0000460115

@Eric , please can you log this one?

@Geoff_Coupe Geoff, this is now resolved. The primary artist is now “BBC Concert Orchestra” and vapour-band “Seriously Chilled” has gone :smile:.

From Rovi:

The “electronic” genre is there because Anne Dudley has a quote on the back cover about how she arranged music to fuse modern symphony orchestra with the loops and beats of contemporary dance music.

@joel - many thanks. I can’t help but feel Rovi is stretching it a bit, giving this a genre of “Electronic”. What Dudley actually writes on the CD is:

“I have arranged these tracks as seamless ‘mixes’ which combine the textural beauty of the modern symphony orchestra with the loops and beats of contemporary dance”

Whatever.

2 Likes