[resolved] Metadata problem with a Yusuf album

Hi @Stephen_Dawson – welcome aboard, and thanks for the report. This is a known data issue that we’re working on.

Roon classifies albums two ways – Album Artist, which is a piece of text you can edit now, and Main Performers, which are links to the people who are considered the album’s primary artist, based on the metadata we’ve retrieved about the album. Like other links in Roon (album credits, track credits, composer credits, works), these links are not yet editable, although expanded editing is coming in our 1.3 release later this year to address this.

The distinctions between Album Artist and Main Performers allows Roon to provide much more accurate and flexible sorting of your music, and I went into (probably too much) detail about that here.

With regards to Tell 'Em I’m Gone, this is sadly just bad data – you can see here that way too many people are being called Primary Artist on this release. And I have my doubts about whether Complete is a real person at all! :wink:

I’m going to report this to AllMusic so we can get this fixed. Because these links aren’t editable in Roon yet, I would just ask that you’re patient as the data provider fixes this on their end, the new data is ingested into our system, and the album is updated in your collection.

Again, thanks for the report!