Restarting core daily to play locally

Roon Core server: Docker, running in unRAID

Server hardware:
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310I-PLUS R2.0
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
16GB RAM

Server is hardwired to a Dell N series switch.
No Windows firewall, I have a Firewalla Gold device at WAN level.

Library: 31502 Tracks on a local unRAID share.

Hello there. I run Roon core (v1.8 build 903) in a docker. For the last 2 weeks, I’ve had to restart my docker any time I want to access it on my PC. Once I close out of the Roon client (v1.8 build 903) or if I don’t open it almost immediately after restarting the docker, my PC doesn’t show up as a zone. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Pic 1: Before restart
Pic 2: after restart
Pic 3: storage
Pic 4: signal path

Signal Path

Thanks in advance! J

Hi @Jamie_Dewoody and welcome to the Roon forums. To be clear, you’re running the core using a Docker image on UNRAID and you want to use the same PC for playback? I think that’ll be tricky as it’s a Docker container and doesn’t interact with local hardware in quite the same way as a standard installation.

If you’re technically inclined, using UNRAID suggests you are, then these posts might help:

https://volkanpaksoy.com/archive/2019/12/05/Using-Audio-in-Docker-Container/

I know the second one is Mac based but put aside the hype and Macs aren’t that different to Linux. The key seems to be adding a parameter to the Docker run command, something like --device /dev/snd

Thanks for the reply @killdozer, but no, that’s not it. I’m running a Roon core docker in unRAID and playing the Roon client on a Windows 10 PC.

They pushed out 3 updates today and now its working again. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.