Restore Backup for ROON

Hi there all…

I need to perform a clean install on my macOS Mojave MacPro computer… I have a backup of my Core Server that I run from my MacPro on Dropbox… and I have checked all is correct and up to date. After I perform a clean install of macOS Mojave and I reinstall my ROON Server software again… how easy will it be to get me back to where I was using my Dropbox Backups that I have on another internal SSD drive…?

Cheers… :slight_smile:

Regards,
Anthony

DropBox Restores take a long damn time, but other than that (assuming the initial Backup was successful) there should be no problem.

See this KB article.

Not quite sure what you are asking. Roon’s Dropbox Backups are in the cloud, i.e. you don’t need a previously used SSD drive.

What’s I’m asking is the Roon Core… is that what the ROON backups are… after I reinstall my macOS software… I will want to get my ROON server back to the way it was before I wiped the drive… so what is the process to get my ROON back, all my library files etc…?

The short answer is ‘Yes’. I am assuming you used Roon’s Backup in Settings==>Backups. A Time Machine backup won’t result in a usable restore.

The 2nd half of the article I pointed to talks about Restoring from a Backup.

1 Like

Yes Slim… thank you so much again for giving me guidance on this… I have my backups made to about 5 different hard drives… including a Dropbox version also… so looking at your guide… as soon as I reinstall ROON I should be easily able to restore from any or of those backups.

Cheers for all your help on this. I just wanted to be sure before I wipe my hard drive. Thank you again for your generous assistance.

Regards,
Anthony

1 Like

Please note, this backup does NOT back up your music files. Don’t wipe your disk until you are 100% certain you have a copy of your music files.

1 Like

Cheers for your reply and concern Kuryan_Thomas…

I only use TIDAL with ROON, I left my physical audio files with iTunes… so I won’t loose any data that way. But thank you for being so considerate and concerned. Cheers… :slight_smile: Stay Safe.