Restore still not completed after 4 days?

Hey @Michael_Giunta,

Thank you for letting us know of the issue and collaborating with everyone (thank you all :bowing_woman:) to get things sorted out.

It sounds like there might be two issues at hand:

• your Roon Core, the SonicTransporter, not showing up on the network
  • a restore gone wrong

Is that so? Could you please share any further developments? Where things stand today?

Many thanks :pray:

Hi Beka,

Thanks for getting back to me… I have tried a few things to get past this… In terms of the Network issues, I think it’s tied into the fact that my db got corrupted on the restore. My Sonic Transporter seems to “overload” (I watch the cores hitting 100% use and then it just disconnects and Roon seems to restart. What I notice (when I get into the database briefly) is that Roon is scanning WAY more songs than actually exist in the library. At this point it has scanned 351,891 and this is after attempting a second restore with a different Backup. The previous Restore got near 600,000! and I fear the Sonic Transporter just could not handle it… It kicks out and maybe 10 minutes later, I am back into the database for a minute or two. If I try and play a track, I get an error message suggesting that it can’t play the track and neither could it play any other track… I know there is between 275,000 and 300,000 songs on the SSD and before this restore, it worked perfectly… Not sure what to do at this point. At this very moment I have a “Lost Connection!” message and likely in 5 or 10 minutes I will be able to briefly see where I am at but not enjoy the music through Roon in any way at all… My plan is to take a diagnostic snapshot when the Sonic Transporter is next available on the network… What would you suggest as a next step?

Hey @Michael_Giunta,

Thanks for keeping in touch so swiftly.

Your idea is great — taking a snapshot of the SonicTransporter when it’s available on the network.

It sounds like restoring the backup is what causes everything. To test this theory, would it be possible to simply launch Roon on the SonicTransporter without a backup restored. As if you were starting fresh. Are the cores on the SonicTransporter hit to the max? Is the SonicTransporter disappearing from the network?

Beka,

I deleted the library and pointed to a subfolder and was able to import the subfolder…but I don’t think anything has changed, since after importing about 1200 tracks, I was disconnected from the network… Then, when it reconnects, I get a message to be patient because Roon is installing a db update. (I have been very patient over the last few weeks) Yes, I’d like to start fresh but not quite sure how to do that because when I go to Settings/ Storage /Add New Folder and I point to the folder mounted on the 8T SSD on the Sonic Transporter i5 and delete the other ones, I end up importing more songs than I actually have all over again. Anyway, I hope these screen caps help a bit… btw, how do I send a diagnostic inside these messages?

Add images

![Roon db update messsage|690x388](upload://f5amRJKxePSRbQl0RuvFM2mtLjz.jpeg) ![Screenshot Sonic Transporter Quad core|690x388](upload://zaYxDnKxxwzDKyVpBmpGvm5zEKm.jpeg) ![Roon - Subfolder import|690x388](upload://1JdLo6Lc611ZInESBiwpnrXMKfI.jpeg)

Yes I did transfer all the music back… it took a while :wink:

btw,

I pointing to a subfolder and it works (of course) although I only now have access to a very small slice of my full library… but it does work! As I said if i point to the original folder, I am back to where i started.

Hey @Michael_Giunta,

Thanks so much for dedicating your time and efforts to sort this out. Would you be able to start copying more of your library in the folder that works :nerd_face: ?

In the interest of keeping the conversation consolidated and avoid duplication of efforts, I’ll continue the conversation here, @Michael_Giunta.

If you want to share diagnostic files, please zip them up in a folder and upload them to our drive :pray: .

I could add all the subfolders… but I have 81 subfolders… is that a problem…?

I can’t think of a reason that would cause any issues :nerd_face:

well, if I am being honest, I have selfish motives. I miss my music very much.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.