Roon Core Machine

Moving from Old Mac MINI TO MACOS 14 MAC MINI M1 8GM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

UNIFI Dream machine PRO SE

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

60K tracks

Description of Issue

Hello everyone, after several attempts to migrate from the old Mac mini to a new one, through the “restore backup option” it worked, but it does not brought back some of the customizations that I had invested a lot of time in, such as: my playlists, my favorite songs, also my personalized ratings, my question for your guys is what can I do to rescue them? The old CORE still lives on the old Mac but it is turned off.

Thanks

Have you followed the step by step for moving the music files. You have to be careful as the new RoonServer cannot see files in a different location otherwise it will treat them all as new.

Take a review of this

Thanks for your quick reply, actually the files are hosted in the same location & route (NAS) the only new here it’s that upgrade the machine where the Roon server are hosted.

Hmm, okay, so when you restored, did it see the original store location or did you add it again? Because if you added it again, it will treat everything as new.

I see it again and everything works like a charm, but the playlists and love tracks GONE, also the ratings :frowning:

Can you take a picture of the Settings/Storage on your Old Core and on your New Core and post them. Maybe I can see a difference to help.

Hi @Alx_Ramirez ,
Thanks for your patience while we worked through the queue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.