Restoring Library Without Restoring Old IP Address

Roon Server Machine

ROCK, NUC8i7BEH, Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S, Transcend 128GB Nvme PCIe Gen3 X4 MTE110S M.2 SSD Solid State Drive

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router- Synology RT6600ax, Mesh- Synology MR2200ac, NAS- Synology DS920+

Connected Audio Devices

MacBook Pro, iPhone 13 mini, Chord Mojo2/Poly, Chromecast Audio

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I recently purchased a new router due to some jams I was having elsewhere in my system. Upon completion, I directed Roon to find my watched folder with its new IP address. Roon scanned my library (which took a long time). All good so far.

Then when I sought to bring back my most recent version of my backup (Settings → Backups → Find Backups) and restored a version prior to swapping out my router, the restore fully loaded and wiped out the recently loaded contents of my watched folder. As I’ve come to learn, Roon restored everything, including the old watched folder’s IP address which no longer exists.

I then went back to identifying my watched folder with the new IP address and started again. But without restoring a recent version, I see that my browsing history is gone, and whatever else that I have not yet uncovered.

How would I restore an earlier version of my Roon library, but not the old IP address associated with that earlier version?

Can’t you restore the backup and then edit the address of the Watched Folder location?

Personally I use <hostname> instead of an IP address for this very reason.

1 Like

Geoff,

I restored the backup and then had Roon scan the contents of my watched folder. The history is there. I thought I did that earlier, but nonetheless, my library appears to be whole. Next up, I will try to change the IP address to the hostname to avoid this in the future.

Thanks for the tips!

David

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.