Ripped file not showing up in Roon

I ripped the first record–song to a seagull–and it is just not showing up in Roon, even though it show up on my hard drive. I re-ripped and called it “Song to a Seagull Remastered”. Nothing.

I don’t want to delete the earlier version but this is not showing up at all. Can anyone please help?

Hello @Peter_Rustin

Our apologies for the delay getting to your issue. We’re happy to help with this.

There are a number of reasons why Roon could be delayed in recognizing changes to your files. It could be the Roon settings you have in place for your stored files, or it could be caused by the platform that hosts the files (such as NAS settings) or even settings within a metadata tagging editor.

A good place to begin is this article that discusses when Roon reads your file tags, paying close attention to list numbers 3 and 4.

You can check your settings for how frequently Roon scans for changes to your stored music by going to Settings>Storage and adjusting your Automatic Rescan interval or forcing a rescan. Keep in mind that the time an entire storage rescan takes is dependent upon the size of your library.

After the content is recognized and scanned in Roon you can rescan individual albums by navigating to the desired album in your Library, clicking the ellipsis, then Edit, and then selecting Rescan album in the Your files section of Album Options.

If these tweaks don’t get you going please let us know and we’ll look into this further for you.