RJ45 I2S LVCMOS needs to be converted to LVDS I2S, HDMI

I have a Denafrips Pontus II and a Metrum Ambre streamer. I would like to connect them over I2S. The RJ45 i2s of the Metrum is LVCMOS, it needs to be converted to LVDS I2S in order to be used with the Pontus DAC. There are I2S to HDMI I2S Module Boards. Like this one:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/…/i2s-to-hdmi-i2s-module…

Who on the forum has some info how to implement this? I would like to know if this board fits in the Ambre and can be powered by the Ambre or do I need to make a seperate box with a powersupply.

I asked Metrum some weeks ago, but they did not respond to my email.

Hallo Rick,
Even snel in het Nederlands.

Ik wil de Ambre verbinden met de rj45 I2S --c van de Terminator. Daar gaat het ook niet helemaal goed qua pinstructuur, maar dat is binnen de rj-45 connectoren redelijk eenvoudig op te lossen.

De vraag van jou heb ik ook al eens gesteld aan Metrum, maar ze zitten heel erg in hun eigen bubbel, en je kunt ze niet super klantvriendelijk noemen. Dat betekent, ik heb ook geen bericht terug gehad.

Je zult de oplossing moet zoeken in een i2s printplaatje rj45 in, en hdmi uit, waarvan je de pinnen kunt switchen, dan wel zelf solderen.

Succes,
Patrick

1 Like

Hi Patrick
Thankyou for your reply. I’ve had a short e-mail exchange with Metrum. My own conclusion is to use another streamer if I want an I2S connection between streamer and DAC. Although it is possible it would mean too much work for me. Too bad I2S is not yet standardized.

regards, Rick

1 Like