RME ADI-2 DAC FS & Roon Nucleus Integration

I changed it to the RME DAC

1 Like

OK, so now play something, and it should come out of the system the RME DAC is driving.

1 Like

You are a genius! It is now playing through my B&W speakers. Incredible!

1 Like

Well, it’s all easy once you get used to it. I’d suggest finding a good “intro to Roon” video on YouTube and watching it. See how all the controls work.

Excellent idea. How did you know it would be a great recommendation? Quite honestly I haven’t found much online even though I have searched the Roon documentation on their website a lot.

I have also been doing that on RME the past 2 days. I can’t thank you enough for getting me over the first major hump. Stephen Hoff

1 Like

Would a Beo Play H95 work well with a RME ADI-2 DAC FS? or would you recommend another can? I can’t find any discussion of them with the RME. There is probably a good reason but if anyone would know it would probably be you.

I like the Sennheisers. But I’d be wary of any active noise-cancelling headphones – never sure how they figure out what’s noise and what’s music.

Any particular Sennheisers or is this a stupid question?

I use 650’s, but I’m not realy a headphones guy. Lots of other folks here are, though.

Any particular persons I should pay most attention to?

Sorry, no idea. Why not look at the “Show us your cans” thread?

1 Like

I did browse it before but I will take a more in depth look now. Thanks, as always.

Not sure why a comment I made 14 months ago has suddenly ended up in your conversation! :man_shrugging:

I have the RME and use Clear Elears and they sound fantastic. They have been superceded these days but any of the Focal range are worth trying out.

2 Likes

Thank you for your recommendation. I have been looking at the Focal Celestee and it looks interesting. What superseded the Clear Elears?

They didnt really it’s just the Clear and Clear MG in the open back lower range now.

This is because yours is the first message in the cited thread… You opened the thread, so you are the thread owner, and I suppose you get notified when someone cites the thread in another context.

As an alternative suggestion, I am very impressed with the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed Back headphones in combination with the RME - entirely subjective but I much prefer them to my Sennheiser HD650 and they’re a lot more comfortable (on my head at least) - then again, they’re a lot more expensive too. Best to try some options in person if you can, and to make a decision between closed back and open back if not already (probably comes down to your listening environment and context).