RME ADI-2 DAC not found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacBook Pro, OSX Sierra.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
RME ADI-2 DAC fs.
RME firmware update is ok.

Description Of Issue
I just connected my new RME DAC, but the DAC is not found by Roon.
How to correct the problem?
Thanks, Ciro.

Connected how?

I am connected by usb

So it’s connected to the Mac running Roon core via USB? Just to be sure you have checked in settings/audio ? It should show up as connected to the core like image below. Mined been renamed tj Dining Room but it’s an RME ADI 2. Enable it from there and it will show up.in Zones. If you have done this already and it’s not showing up.in audio settings. Check cables are connected and the Mac is seeing the DAC in its audio settings.

Can you see and connect to it directly from the Mac, without Roon?

yes, with audirvana it’s ok

it appears in audio setting. but with the message “reading not active”

in the audio settings of the mac the dac is ok. it works great if I use Audirvana.

I don’t know why but now everything is ok. thank you all

Maybe Audirvana had locked the DAC in exclusive mode making it inaccessible by Roon. And if so released this lock somewhere in your troubleshooting process making the DAC available to Roon again.

Something to consider next time you run into this.

Hello @Cirouk, glad to see you got some help here! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.