ROCK and Lampi DAC [Answered]

Are you saying you have already upgraded the Amanero firmware to the latest version and found that ROCK does not send Native DSD to it?

6 months ago I discussed Linux Native DSD with LampizatOr (because we have a number of customers with Lumin + LampizatOr combination - if they do not use Roon / JRiver / foobar, Lumin is the only network transport that allows them to play PCM with their DSD-only DAC).

At that time, a stable Amanero firmware (DoP-only) was shipped with their DAC.

The web page for Euphoria indicates itā€™s using Amanero as well.

Hi Peter

[quote=ā€œwklie, post:21, topic:30446, full:trueā€]
Are you saying you have already upgraded the Amanero firmware to the latest version and found that ROCK does not send Native DSD to it? [/quote]
No, I have not flashed my Golden Gate (nor my friends Golden Atlantic) yet, as I still use Win10 Server and Win10 NAA, but I have a LampizatOr SuperKomputer coming my way and then I will have to flash the Amanero board if I want to take profit from the excellent chipless DSD512 board.

The ROCK I built for a friend and wanted to try it on the Lampi DACs but to our disappointement, only DSD128 dop was possible.

I think itā€™s quite likely that the version of Amanero firmware your DACs have been using is not capable for Native DSD on Linux.

Yes, you will likely have to flash it in order to use it with Linux native DSD. I still recommend you check with LampizatOr before doing this, however. The thread I posted above still indicates some sort of outstanding issue, though not on LampizatOr DAC.

2 Likes

Thank you for the warning.
I will only flash with Lukaszā€™ consent and according to his instructions.

Iā€™ll wait for your good news then. :slight_smile: