ROCK BIOS update question

Trying to build new ROCK with NUC8i7BEH and having problems with updating BIOS.

After the Intel splash screen and checking media presence I am getting a bootable device has not been detected.

Others have had this problem and did a work around by pressing the F2 on first start up and then enable from “USB drive first”. Once that is done reboot and go to bios(f7) and follow the Rock instructions for Bios setting.

Problem is that I cannot find the enable from USB drive first in the F2 screen. Very confusing that this is not addressed in the installation instructions for updating BIOS.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don’t believe you need to update the BIOS on the newer NUCs.

Try it without the update. I never updated my NUC’s BIOS when I was running ROCK.

Hold the power button in for 3 sec and release. This should take you to the selection menu screen.

I had trouble updating the BIOS on my nuc8i3beh and ended up just leaving it stock and installed rock no problem.

I had the same problem with a NUC8i5BEH based ROCK built a couple of months ago. I just didn’t update it, and it works fine. I would like to update it though.

Thanks for all of the reply’s. If I do not update the bios I am assuming that I would still make changes to the defaults. According to the instructions I would need to uncheck the UEFI boot , set the M.2 SSD to first boot priority, select the boot configuration tab and adjust the following options: enable boot USB devices first, enable suppress alert messages at boot and disable network/ LAN / pixie boot. I can uncheck the UEFI boot but after that I’m lost. It would be helpful if they would update the instructions for the NUC8. Thanks

I never had to do any of that on my NUC running ROCK.

First try ROCK without all that, or don’t.

I updated bios on my NUC8i7BEH following instructions on Roonlabs KB, and had no issues.

Hi
Im having the same problem. I managed to update the bios but The M2 disk is not seen. How did you solve the problem?

thanks
Steve

Problem sorted! I unticked UEFI > f10 to save > reboot with F2 > the M2 drive and USB now appears in Legacy drives