ROCK Cannot play FLAC files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
INTEL NUC running ROCK 1.7 (build 521)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
RJ45 cabling

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
HDMI NUC to OPPO BDP 203 -> Vanity HD card -> Dynaudio AIR powered speakers (AES/EBU)

Description Of Issue
Since the latest upgrade to 1.7 (build 521) I cannot hear any FLAC files (seems to play but no sound). All DSD files converted to PCM works fine.
Nothing has change in my setup appart from the upgrade to 1.7
Any idea how to troubleshoot ?

Thanks in advance
Yves

Let’s tag @support for you.

In the meantime try rebooting the Roon Core, and network devices and the audio devices.

Hi @yves,

Any change after a reboot of the Core machine and endpoint?

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path?

Is this only if you play via HDMI > Oppo? Are other endpoints working okay?

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for looking into this.
No change after a reboot of both the Core machine (NUC Intel running Rock) and the endpoint (Oppo BDP 203)
Screenshot of the signal path as follow :
DSD playing ok

FLAC not playing
FLAC-not-ok

Chosing another endpoint (SONOS Beam) is working fine for both DSD & FLAC
Looks the issue is only occuring with the Oppo then

Thanks,
Yves

Hello Yves,

I would start by rebooting the NUC, Oppo, and any devices that the Oppo is attached too.

If this doesn’t work, try enabling the “Send Stereo/Mono as 5.1/7.1” toggle in the Device Setup > Show Advanced screen for the zone.

-John

Hello John,

Me bad on this one :frowning:

I removed the XLR input on the loudspeakers covering for front & rights channels in order to test a Weiss stereo interface and forgot to replace the cable in place after that …

All back to normal now for both FLAC & DSD files.
Thanks for your prompt support anyway, much appreciated !

Best regards,
Yves

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.