ROCK can't find ROCK server with ip address

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK on NUC7i3 Version 1 Build 227

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear R7000 ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn DSM ethernet

Description Of Issue

Hi

I’m having problem reinstalling ROCK on NUC 7i3 that was used for windows.

Have latest bios and ROCK appears to install ok. It has ip address on network, but Roon can find the server. Roon Database & Settings are Not Ready. Attempting Reset gives Error “Settings and databses could not be reset. Please try again, or contact support.”

Many thanks, John

Something very odd about that screenshot. There are no details being shown for the network, and there does not appear to be an entry for the Roon Server software. Perhaps you can try reinstalling the operating system using the Reinstall button?

I see that you have an SSD for your music storage - just checking, do you also have an M.2 SSD on the motherboard for the OS and Roon?

Thanks, Geoff

I already tried reinstalling the software. Yes there is an M2.SSD for the operating system.

Do you think the SSD for music storage may be the problem? It came from another Roon ROCK NUC. I’ll try taking it out and see if that makes a difference.

Regards, John

It could be the issue - did you format it once it was installed in this NUC?

1 Like

No, it was formatted previously. I’ll take it out and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks, Geoff. That did the trick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Newton_John,

Thanks so much for sharing the issue you ran into and for engaging with other Roon subscribers to find a solution, while we got a chance to reply. I’m sorry it took us so long…:pleading_face:

It looks like with @Geoff_Coupe’s help, things got resolved. Thanks @Geoff_Coupe!

I’m going to mark this thread as resolved and close it, but, please, do reach back out if anything else comes up. We’d love the opportunity to help!