ROCK Core lost connection to endpoints

Not sure it’s connected but my ROCK machine lost connection breifly to two separate endpoints for no reason last night and this morning.

Hey @CrystalGipsy,

I moved your post to it’s own thread so we can better assist you. To start, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

• Is this the first time this behavior has occurred?
  • Did Roon only lose connected to the endpoints? Were your remote devices still connected? What were the endpoints?

Thanks,
Dylan

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Roon Mock core with usb drive for music.

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Cisco 2960 switch Allo USBridge

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Ubiquiti Unified AC Pro wireless access point - HifiBerry Amp2+ pi endpoint

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Ubiquiti Unified AC Pro wireless access point - Squeezebox Radio ( this happens often but did not think it was related to this issue as it was happening before the others)

I have other endpoints but the above two are the ones that dropped connection last night and then one this morning and then reconnected after a very short period. First instance do was listening to my own ripped CDs on the Allo. 2nd instance was internet radio on the pi with amp2.The endpoints below have so far been ok.

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Cisco 2960 switch ( different room to other switch) - Naim Uniti Atom.

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Ubiquiti Unified AC Pro wireless access point - HifiBerry Amp+ pi endpoint

Virgin media modem - Netgear r8000 Nighthawk router- Ubiquiti Unified AC Pro wireless access point - Chromecast audio.

Thanks for the update, @CrystalGipsy!

How often would you say this behavior occurs? Is it always during playback of a track or does it happen between tracks?

When the endpoint stops playing are you able to play to other endpoints without issue?

If you connect one of these devices to the router directly rather than the switch is there any change in performance?

Thanks,
Dylan

Its only done it the once on the Allo and the HifiBerry so hard to say but as they where in the same 12 hour period it seemed strange as normally its rock solid. Never tried any other endpoints when it stopped, i just noticed that it disappeared in Roon and then reappeared a minute or so later. I cant connect the hifiberry one as its wifi only as its built in to a speaker enclosure to make a wifi speaker and I cannot easily remove it.

I’ll just keep an eye on things. It might well have been a one off glitch.

The squeezebox radio though stops playing quite often for no reason. I press play again and its fine. It happens at least once during a listening session.

@CrystalGipsy,

Definitely keep me updated. It may have been some temporary networking difficulties, but if it continues please let me know!

Does this happen between tracks or in the middle of a track?

If you connect the Squeezebox to the router rather than the Ubiquiti is there any change?

If you play to this device outside of Roon do you experience any similar behavior?

-Dylan

Squeezebox can stop mid track