ROCK Core - Roon crashing

Same this happening here. Started yesterday evening. It was playing fine and then just stopped and now all Roon does is hang there with a brief flash of the first screen before disappearing, briefly displaying “Lost Connection” and then just hanging again. It doesn’t matter what client device I use ie. cell phone, laptop, desktop. I’ve rebooted everything multiple times and reset the modem and router and reinstalled the Roon Rock software on my Nuc.

Windows 10 PC
Android Pixel 2
Microsoft Surface Book
Amplify Router
Intel Nuc with Roon Core

Hi @Matt_Werre,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you able to connect to the ROCK Web UI?

Yes, I can see the ROCK web UI just fine and reinstalled the software and rebooted multiple time. Here is my system:

Windows 10 PC
Android Pixel 2
Microsoft Surface Book
Amplify Router
Intel Nuc with Roon Core

Hi @Matt_Werre,

I was hoping you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

I uploaded the logs a few days ago. Do you see them?

Hi @Matt_Werre,

Apologies for the delay here, @dylan is currently out of the office but I would be happy to assist you. I located the log files you have sent to Dylan and am reviewing them now.

I believe this issue could be due to a media file, specifically: \\FREENAS\Big file storage\FLAC Music\Ferry Corsten\Blueprint\03. Ferry Corsten feat. Eric Lumiere - Your Face.mp3.

Can I please ask you to:

1. Locate this file and move it out of the watched storage directory
  2. Send me this file via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com
  3. Reboot your Core PC

Rats. I just deleted the file by accident.

What now?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi @Matt_Werre,

No worries. It would have been good to have the file to investigate why it caused such issues, but if the files is gone we can proceed with regular troubleshooting. Did Roon stop crashing since removing that file?

Roon has has not stopped crashing since removing the file.

Hi @Matt_Werre,

Can I please ask you to upload a new set of logs and private message them to me? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.