ROCK core unavailable after Build 537 update

Core Machine
Operating system: Version 1.0 (build 186) stable
System info: BOXNUC8i3BEH1 Mini, Team Group MS30 M.2 2280 128GB SATA III TLC SSD, Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400 RAM
Roon Server Software: Version 1.7 (build 537) stable

Network Details

Technicolor Gateway, Model: CGM4140COM, Ethernet connection

Audio Devices

N/A

Description Of Issue

My overall network is functioning properly, but Roon becomes unavailable when I use a remote app on my MacBook, iPad or iPhone.

I have been able to access the rock web UI, but only after resetting my rock unit and my network gateway. And even then, Roon is only working for roughly 10 minutes before it disconnects.

My system was working fine before the latest update.

I’ve also tried the “RAATServer_Old” suggestion. Very frustrating.

Additionally, I’m currently able to access the rock’s web UI, but it says the Roon Database and settings aren’t ready. The same thing happened last night.

Hi @Derp_Von_Diggler — Sorry for the trouble here!

So we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a copy here, we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. We’ll walk you through the next steps after that so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and sorry again for the trouble here.

After replacing the SSD twice, I was finally able to get a Roon running stably and load a backup of my library. When restoring from a backup saved to Dropbox, I would highly recommend downloading your Roon backup folder to a flash drive and then loading it from the USB drive rather than directly from Dropbox. It saved me many hours after 3 days of failed attempts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.