ROCK does not load after installation

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
INTEL® NUC NUC7i7BNH
memory: 16gb (8x8 Crucial)
SSD\HDD: M.2 slot with PCIe x4 lanes ( samsung mzhpv128hdgm)\ HDD not installed
OC: ROCK kit
BIOS: ver. [BN0080.bio]

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus rt66u/ ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
HDMI to Monitor.

Description Of Issue
Followed according to the instructions.

1. Updated BIOS to ver.0080
  2. Removed the UEFI download
  3. Removed the download over the network and put the download on the USB priority.
  4. I inserted a USB flash 8GB into the front USB 3.0 slot with pre-loaded roon rock through Balena Eather
  5. When downloading, press f10 and select download from USB
  6. Installed roon following the points in the bootloader. I chose the installation on m.2 ssd.
  7. Next, the bootloader asked to remove the USB flash drive and reboot the system.
  8. After the reboot, a black screen appears with a flashing dash in the left corner, and after 4 minutes it says: “Rеbооt аnd Ѕеlесt рrореr Вооt dеvісе оr Іnѕеrt Вооt Меdіа іn ѕеlесtеd Вооt dеvісе аnd рrеѕѕ а kеу”.

Also, the device does not appear on the network
What could be the problem? What could I miss?

Sounds like a boot priority issue, can you confirm you have no usb device connected, eg a drive with your music on it?

Not. After installation, I remove the USB flash drive before rebooting, and apart from the m.2 drive, nothing else is installed. I tried even after rebooting to press F10 and select the boot from ssd manually.
Or maybe there is a problem in the m.2 drive? Strange PCIe x4 lanes model (samsung mzhpv128hdgm). It is neither SATA nor NVME

If you go into BIOS, does the NUC recognize the drive? And, if so, can you set the Boot Priority Order. However, I think …

… is your issue.

Bios sees my disk m.2. Priority downloads comes first. Nevertheless, the format of the m.2 disk itself also confuses me. Today I will buy the usual m.2 SATA and test it. Tell me, can there be a problem with the new version of BIOS? Have you had experience installing ROON ROCK on BIOS version BN0080?

I have not used that BIOS version.

Hello @Denis_Voronov,

I too believe that the drive is the issue here. Do let us know if the new M.2 you ordered works as expected!

1 Like

I bought a new disk format SATA. The system booted perfectly. The problem was that most likely the roon rock system does not accept non-standard disks, like my Samsung was. . Thanks to all.

1 Like

Hi @Denis_Voronov,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the other SATA drive works as expected!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.