ROCK How to install new drivers

I have a NUC with Roon Rock. with USB it is connected to a ZeroUno Dac from Mario Canever. This worked fine, but now a have a new ZeroUno Dac with a new USB Xmos board. The factory said to me that I should install new drivers and Mr. Canever sent me the new drivers. But I do not kno how to install the new drivers on the NUC with Roon Rock. Can you help me?
Wim van Kraanen
Analogue Audio Products

Hi ROCK is closed operating system it is not possible for users to install new drivers.
If your DAC requires special drivers them consider either a Windows OS or one of the Linux distribution (making sure it suitable for the drivers that are available).

It is strange that Roon Rock did recognize the ZeroUno as an audiodevice with the former Xmos USB board, but not with the new USB board. I have tried to test if the new board is OK, by connecting the ZeroUno with a Mac loaded with Audirvana. Audirvana did find the audio device Zero Uno immediatey. the USB board is working fine, but not found as an audio device by Roon Rock. is there a way to change settings of Rock, or insert something in Rock?
Wim van Kraanen
Analogue Audio Products

Can you use a Raspberry Pi 4 inserted prior to your new DAC as a Roon bridge?

Not as user, ROCK is locked down.
You could ask Mario Canever to speak to the guys at Roon about their Roon Tested program.

1 Like

I’m sure Roon on that Mac would too.

But you are talking Linux vs MacOS.

@rob or @john?

He was talking about connecting with his Rock via USB.

Sorry, I have no Raspberry Pi

I need to do further tests first, to be sure there is not a hardware problem on the Xmos board of the Zero Uno Dac.

But, you could buy one for $74.

If it doesn’t work on ROCK there’s is a very large possibility it won’t work on a Pi as it’s also Linux and relies on the Linux kernel to have support released for it.

1 Like

I think the first thing you should do is get in contact with the Manufacturer’s tech support and ask if the new USB board supports Linux, or, is supported in Linux.

1 Like

FYI - On the CanEVER support page all of the driver downloads are Windows .exe installers.

Their web page implies that a Linux-specific driver is not needed.

I ran into a similar situation a couple of years ago with a different manufacturer. I was able to solve it by switching from ROCK to a full operating system & Roon Server to gain more control.

I did. the USB board does except Linux. I have found out that the cause of the problem is an unsecure joint at a many-pins-connector on the other side of the main board, because sometimes there was a complete lock to the convertor and ‘music’, and after pushing the locking was undone. first this will have to be fixed.

2 Likes