ROCK install issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC Intel 6 gen I5 M.2 SSD 256GB and 8GB RAM.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet connection from my Router to my NUC.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have followed all the installation steps according to the very simple to follow installation guide steps on the Roon website.

Though after step 5 (install) I have booted my NUC without holding the F10 key in order for the NUC to start up by its SSD as stated in the instructions guide Roon. The next screen should show me the NUC IP address.

I do not get to see it’s IP address. I get to see the screen after boot of my NUC that indicates that it has found RoonOS install #1 and the next line indicates that booting RoonOS install #1, followed by 3 lines under each other telling me

"booting w/ kernel : roonos-1/bzImage (1) booting w/ initramfs: roonos-1 / initramfs (2)

followed by the 3rd line with:

booting w/ cmdline: ro root= etc etc.

Under these 3 lines on the left side of my screen the cursor keeps on flickering and nothing more happens (now 30 minutes later, red).

Nothings happens after this screen appeared. What am I doing wrong?

Please advice, thanks, Randy

Add imimage0 ages

Maybe you can enter your router to see which IP address your NUC had received (or has in case you have addressed a dedicated IP address in your router.

On an other computer/tablet/mobile, I suggest to insert this IP address in a browser in the window for website.

By the way, a monitor linked to the HDMI port of a NUC running ROCK, shows hardly any usefull information.

Hi @Randy_Patist,

I don’t believe that ROCK installed properly in your case. I would try reflashing the USB drive (use Ethcher to do so) and reinstall ROCK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.