“ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable” on NUC Dawson Canyon
Portal Router; tracks
PS Audio SGCD
Description of Issue
- I assembled a new NUC to run ROCK.
- Assembly went well as did ROCK installation.
- ROCK is running, ROON is running, and I restored settings from previous Win10 Roon implementation, and took the old box offline.
- I can see ROCK on my router’s list of devices, I can access the ROON Quick Menu (which alerted me to a missing codec situation), and I can ping the ROCK ip.
6. I cannot discover the ROCK NUC on my network to update the codec situation: (a) iOS devices can’t see it, (b) Win 10 devices can’t see it, (c) Remote Desktop can’t see it, (d) Map Network Drive can’t see it.
7. Seems like the NUC does not ‘want’ to be discovered.
Many restarts of NUC & Router. no change.
Enabled wireless connection via rock control panel. no change, NUC remained invisible on wireless device search also. disabled wireless. NUC remained invisible via ethernet [but ping still OK, etc].
Reviewed roon community support
Thank you for your ideas about this & request very detailed non-expert instructions …